Now the summer months are upon us, you might be considering turning your Jeep into an open-air convertible, and I can’t say I blame you.
Whether your need for a soft top on your Jeep is practicality or pure aesthetics, the main thing that matters is that you buy the best one available.
After all, your Jeep is your pride and joy, and you don’t want to be sticking any old top on there, so in this guide, I will point you in the right direction to upgrading your Jeep with a soft top.
Our Top Recommendation for Best Jeep Soft Tops!
- The Trek top Glide is the only fully retracting, fast-back (slant-back) soft top on the market.
- Fits Jeep Wrangler JK 4-Door Models. Model years 2007 to 2018.
Best Jeep Soft Tops in 2023
You might not think so, but there’s a fair amount to consider when it comes to purchasing a soft top for your Jeep.
Things like the durability, ease of use, and how insulating they are. With so much to factor in, I thought it would make everyone’s lives a little easier to list all the best Jeep soft tops in one handy place to save you time and money.
So, let’s look over the goods.
These Are My Top Picks:
- Bestop 54923-17 Black Twill Trektop NX Glide
- Black Diamond Trektop for 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
- Pavement Ends by Bestop 51197-35 Black Diamond Replay Replacement Soft Top
- Sierra Offroad Replacement Soft Top with Tinted Windows
- TACTIK Fabric Only Replacement Soft Top
- Rugged Ridge 13594.36 Savannah Brief Top fits 2020-Current Jeep Gladiator
1. Bestop 54923-17 Black Twill Trektop NX Glide – Best for Fast-Back, Fully Reclining
The Bestop is the only fast-back, fully-reclining soft top currently on the market—the top slides back like a convertible right into the back seat for an open-air experience.
The product design has been based around one of the most popular soft tops on the market since 2012, the Trektop NX. However, the new and improved model is more versatile, longer-lasting, and much easier to install.
Due to improvements made since the original version, the ease of installation with this soft top is second to none. However, unless you’re clued up in this area, it might still take a few hours, but it does state this in the instructions.
I didn’t buy this with the promise of noise reduction. However, I was pleasantly surprised to discover minimal noise while driving, even with heavier winds and rough terrain.
- Jeep Wrangler 4-Door: Years 2007 – 2018
|Vehicle Service Type
|9.99 x 9.99 x 9.99 inches
- Easy to Install – The instructions are pretty easy to follow and straightforward.
- Aesthetically Pleasing – The soft top looks fantastic when fitted.
- Noise Reduction – I was surprised by the element of noise reduction, even when driving at speed.
- Installation Time – Despite being pretty straightforward, the installation process is pretty time-consuming.
Learn more about Wrangler modifications with my handy guide to lifting your Jeep.
2. Bestop Black Diamond Trektop Soft Top
The Black Diamond Trektop for the Jeep Wrangler JK is a half-retracting soft top that is excellent for lowering when the sun is shining to feel that rush of wind through your hair.
Despite my ordering the black color option, one of the best features of this soft top (despite my ordering the black color option) was that it didn’t overheat in the sun or leak in the rain, so overall, it is a fabulous product fit for use. The customer service was also on point; you’ve got to love Bestop for their aftersale care.
Personally, I found the instructions for this model pretty vague. As someone installed a few of these now, I knew what I was looking at, but for a newbie, you might struggle and be better off getting assistance.
All Season use
The soft top is weatherproof, meaning it’s incredibly versatile and can be used all year round.
- Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited 4-Door, Years 2007 – 2018
|60 x 27 x 7 inches
|60 x 27 x 7 inches
- Customer Service – There’s a lot to be said about good customer service, and these guys provide some of the best I’ve come across for before and after-sales.
- Colors Options – The soft top is available in five color options, including black, beige, and blue.
- Complicated Instructions – Some might find the instructions a little vague, making the installation a little tricky.
3. Pavement Ends by Bestop 51197-35 Black Diamond Replay Replacement Soft Top
If you want to change your Jeep Wrangler’s appearance or simply want to give some life to your old faithful, then the Pavement Ends Diamond replacement soft top will undoubtedly do the trick.
I found it pretty easy to fit, with all the fixings easy to locate and fasten on. All in all, it took me just over an hour from start to finish.
This was probably one of the easier soft tops I’ve tried to fit by myself. The instructions were simple, the parts were easy to find, and everything went well.
The soft top has a one-year warranty covering certain damages and faults, but ensure you read the small print before committing.
- Jeep Wrangler 1997 – 2006
|Item model number
|Manufacturer Part Number
- Installation – The installation was the biggest pro with this soft top. It only takes around an hour to fit, and extremely well-laid-out instructions.
- Fit – The top fit well, was tight, and had no leaking or gaping fabric.
- Price – This was undoubtedly one of the most affordable Jeep soft tops I encountered while researching.
- Fitting Conditions – Because this top fits like a glove, you must ensure you only install it on a warm day; otherwise, you might struggle to stretch it to size.
4. Sierra Offroad Replacement Soft Top with Tinted Windows
I opted for the Sierra soft top because I knew about the brand’s reputable name and how much they pride themselves on quality, premium products, and they didn’t let me down.
I also favored this one because of the three-year warranty, which made me think they stand by their sales.
Regarding usability, this was a pretty solid piece of equipment. The most user-friendly feature was the zip closure windows, which are self-correcting. In other words, no more zip jams.
This is much more than just showerproof; it’s made using marine-grade materials to ensure total protection from the elements.
- Jeep Wrangler TJ Model 1997-2006
|32 x 9 x 9 inches
|Manufacturer Part Number
|32 x 9 x 9 inches
- Windows – I know it’s only a minor feature, but it makes a big difference. The easy-close windows remove the frustration of jamming zips, an ongoing problem.
- Strong Material – I could tell on immediate inspection that this would be durable just by the feel of the material used.
- Easy Installation – This was a dream to install, and it only took around an hour.
- I couldn’t find any faults with this mattress topper.
5. TACTIK Fabric Only Replacement Soft Top
These toppers are custom designed to fit any factory-installed soft top hardware on the Wrangler TJ, and the kit comes with everything you need for ease of installation. So, if your soft top looks sad and worn, this is the perfect solution.
The cover has removable sides and windows, which are great for the summer months when you want to really let go and feel the wind rush around you as you rumble over the landscape.
The step-by-step installation guide made this a piece of cake to fix if you know what you’re doing. But even if you’re a novice, you should still be able to follow the simple instructions.
- Wrangler TJ, Years 1997-2006
|29 x 10 x 9
- Easy to Fit – The installation process, equipment in the kit, and instructions made this whole process a dream.
- Warranty – You get to ensure you’re completely happy with your soft top before committing because of a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Excellent Value for Money – This is an impressive piece of kit for the money paid.
- Thin Material – I’d say this is relatively thin compared to other soft tops, and I would question its durability under heavy weather or conditions.
6. Rugged Ridge 13594.36 Savannah Brief Top fits 2020-Current Jeep Gladiator
I was highly impressed by the quality and performance of the Rugged Ridge Savannah soft top. The top covers the front and rear seats and mounts to the fitted roll bar for extra security.
The best thing about this topper was how easy it was to install, and on top of that, it comes with a five-year warranty.
As I just touched upon, what makes this soft top so incredibly user-friendly is how easy the installation was. In fact, it only took 25 minutes, and it was good to go.
The soft top acts as a sun umbrella on brighter days, meaning you can enjoy the freedom of wind-sweeping off-roading while still being protected from the glaring sun.
- Jeep Gladiator JT, Years 2020-2023
|Savannah Brief Top
|Item model number
|7 x 1 x 5.5 inches
- Trouble-Free Installation – This has to be the most effortless soft top I have ever installed onto a Jeep, with less than half an hour of installation time.
- Guarantee – There’s a 30-day money-back guarantee with these products and a five-year warranty.
- Noise – One downside that was a bit of a gripe for me was the wind noise when traveling on the highway, which was quite prominent.
- Models – Only fits limited, newer Gladiator models.
How I Selected The Best Jeep Soft Tops?
When selecting the best soft tops for Jeeps, I considered several factors. Here’s a breakdown of what I was looking for.
I wanted to ensure high quality in my recommendations and that they would stand up to the elements, so I looked for soft tops made from durable, weather-resistant materials designed to last.
I also took into account the brand of each soft top. I looked for brands that had excellent reputations and produced only high-quality, reliable products; I also checked out other positive reviews for confirmation.
Of course, price is always a consideration when making any purchase. So, I looked for soft tops that were priced competitively and that offered good value for the money.
Ease of Installation
Installing a new soft top can be pretty daunting if you’ve never done it. So, I looked for soft tops that came with easy-to-read manuals so that you could install them at home.
Finally, I considered the style of each soft top to give you the best possible aesthetics. We looked for soft tops that were sleek and stylish, and that would complement the look of any Jeep.
Frequently Asked Questions About Jeep Soft Tops
Let’s see what others are asking about Jeep soft tops and if we can answer some commonly asked questions.
What types of Soft Tops Can I Put on my Jeep?
There is a variety of soft tops you can install onto your Jeep, such as full or half tops or tops with blacked-out windows.
Are Soft Tops Easy to Maintain?
In theory, soft tops are relatively easy to maintain if you follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Do I Need to Remove a Soft Top for Off-Roading?
This really depends on the type of off-roading you do. If you’re a hardcore trailblazer, you might want to avoid risking damage by removing it beforehand.
Can I use a Soft Top on my Jeep in Winter?
Yes. As long as your soft top is weatherproof and made of high-quality materials, there’s no reason why you can’t use it in rain or sun. However, in extreme winter conditions, you may want to consider extra precautions.
Jeep Soft Tops Condensed
Soft tops are a great addition to any Jeep and can offer various benefits, including versatility, appearance, and protection from the elements.
Which soft top you choose is really down to personal preference; it depends on the model of your Jeep, your specific requirements, and the material you need.
One thing’s for sure, though, once you’ve discovered the perfect soft top for your Jeep, you’re one step closer to enjoying a convertible experience and feeling the freedom of open-air adventure on and off the road.