If you just got a black jeep, one of the first things you’re probably wondering is, ‘what should I name my black jeep?’ Sometimes thinking of the perfect name for your vehicle can be difficult, but there are ways you can make it easier on yourself.
You should name your black jeep something that reflects your style and personality. Names can be badass, unique, or funny, such as Crow, Orca, or Melanite. Consider naming your jeep based on its color, make and model, the sound it makes, or how you will use it.
In the rest of this article, I’ll give some of my best suggestions for black jeep names. I’ll also explain how to pick a name for your jeep and personalize it further. Keep reading if you’re ready to find an unforgettable name for your jeep!
Badass Black Jeep Names
A black jeep is already pretty badass, so if you want your vehicle’s name to match its tough exterior, consider names of characters and animals that are the epitome of tough.
- Black Widow
- Dark Knight
- Black Death
- The Dark Lord
- The Beast
- The Dark Side
- Dark and Stormy
- Black Panther
Unique Black Jeep Names
Your car is unique and special to you, so its name should reflect that! Here are some ideas for unique black jeep names that you probably won’t hear from anyone else.
- Wednesday Addams
- Sirius Black
- Black Cat
- Black Beauty
- Black Diamond
- Darth Vader
- Black Pearl
- Smokey, the Bear
- Black Magic
- Black Sheep
- Ace of Spades
- The Witch
- Ace of Clubs
Funny Black Jeep Names
If you’re the resident class clown, people will probably expect to laugh when they discover your black jeep’s name. Here are some ideas for funny black jeep names that’ll help get your creative juices flowing.
- Mystery Machine
- Dr. Doolittle
- The Spook
- Snow White
Miscellaneous Names for a Black Jeep
Maybe your jeep is more than badass, unique, or funny. You might just want a name you like that suits your jeep that doesn’t fit into the above categories. Luckily, I’ve got you covered! Here are some other ideas if you still have the question ‘what should I name my black jeep?’
Is It Strange To Name Your Jeep?
Naming your Jeep or any other car for that matter is a common practice – most people do so. It may even encourage you to take better care of your vehicle and drive more carefully. You can even honor a loved one or a relative by naming your car after them.
The practice of naming cars is so common that you can even register the “birth” of your car online and get a birth certificate if you’d like.
As many as sixty percent of Americans view their car as part of the family, and over fifty percent give their cars a name. Here are some more interesting statistics showing how people care about their cars and why people name them.
- 42% of people name their cars based on a prominent car feature, such as its color.
- 40% of people talk to their vehicle regularly.
- 18% of people talk to their vehicle every time they drive it.
- 63% of car owners verbally encourage their car to move faster.
- 50% of Americans see their car as trustworthy.
- 33% of Americans believe their car is fun.
- 28% of Americans view their vehicle as adventurous.
- 22% of people see their car as charming.
- 23% of car owners feel guilty when they drive someone else’s car.
You can personalize your car even more by purchasing accessories to make the vehicle’s appearance match its name.
For example, if you pick one of the many feminine black jeep names, you might want to purchase car eyelashes to put on the front headlights and highlight its femininity.
I recommend these Carlashes Classic Black lashes from Amazon.com because they are a universal style that can fit any car. They attach easily to the headlights with the included double-sided automotive trim tape. Finally, the lashes are durable and flexible to withstand all weather and driving conditions.
I also like the DeanSigns4u Car Flowers Set from Amazon for further personalizing a vehicle. I like these stickers because they are colorful and tropical looking. The stickers are cut from solid color vinyl, so they don’t fade easily.
Personalizing your black jeep with decals, accessories, and a special name is a great way of making it stand out.
Do I Have To Name My Jeep?
You do not have to name your Jeep. It’s not like having a child, in which you must put a name on a birth certificate. However, naming a car can make you more connected with it and give the car more personality and flair.
Having names for your cars is also a good way to distinguish them if you have more than one, especially if they’re all the same make and model. For example, if you have a child that asks to borrow one of the family cars, you can say, “Yes, you can take Black Beauty.” That way, your child immediately knows which car they can use.
What to Keep in Mind When Naming Your Jeep
You can select any name you’d like for your car, but there are some things you can consider if you’re struggling to pick and need a little direction. Here are some things you can think about while you’re picking your car’s name:
- The color. If you’re reading this article, you’re looking for names that make sense for a black color. The car’s color is one of the first things someone notices about it, so it makes sense to focus on this part of the vehicle’s appearance to highlight when selecting the name. You can also choose an ironic route and name your car something that doesn’t match the color, like naming a black car “Snow White” or “Marshmallow.”
- The make and model. A car’s physical appearance goes beyond the color. Some car models are more associated with all things tough, such as a truck, whereas others are dainty, like a Volkswagen Beetle. You can consider these characteristics when picking a name.
What you’ll use the car for. People buy and use cars for various reasons, such as long-term travel, hunting, hauling objects, off-roading, or simply going from place to place. You might want to consider how you’ll use your car most frequently, which might lead to some good name ideas. For example, if you’re planning on using your car for long-term travel, you might call it a “name like Globetrotter.”
- The license plate number. You may have gotten lucky and been assigned a license plate number corresponding to a name. For example, if the letters on your license plate read “BOB,” your job is done! It doesn’t have to be that obvious, either. You may have a license plate letter sequence of “FRA” and use that as a starting point for “Francine” or “Francis.”
- The car’s gender. Vehicles don’t have assigned genders. However, many people associate their car with the male or female gender because of how it looks or feels. If your car feels like a boy to you, you can choose a more masculine name, and the same goes for more feminine-feeling cars.
- The car’s speed. Some cars are built for speed, and others aren’t. This quality can be a good way to pick a name. For example, if your car is fast, you can name it “The Flash” or “Speedy.” If your car is sow, you can call it “Pokey” or “Slowpoke.”
- To rhyme or not to rhyme. I’m a fan of a good rhyme, and if you are too, you could pick a name that rhymes with your car’s make or model. For example: “Mac the Cadillac” or “Dakota the Toyota.” If you like alliteration, you could do the same thing, such as “Hannah the Honda” or “Frank the Ford.”
- The sound it makes. If your car makes a particular noise, you can use that as inspiration for the name you give it. For example, if your car grumbles when it runs, you can name it “Grumpy” or “Mr. Grumbles.”
- Don’t be offensive. Naming your car should be fun and shouldn’t bring anyone any distress, anxiety, or offense. You shouldn’t name your car anything that could hurt anyone’s feelings.
My Closing Thoughts
No matter which name you pick for your car, it should capture your personality and style as well as your car’s qualities.
Good names for a black jeep can be badass, unique, or funny, and I recommend thinking of your favorite fictional characters, black items, and animals that are black to get ideas. You can even be ironic and name your car something that directly contradicts its appearance, which gives you a lot of room to think up funny black jeep names. Remember to have fun!
Up Next In Jeep: