Honda Foreman 500 users very frequently face a problem that is very serious and very hard to solve. The problem is the gear indicator flashing. This problem has some bad effects on gear shifting.
Most people are facing this problem and not finding any solution. Here we are to show you how to fix gear indicator flashing on Honda Foreman 500. Let’s see.
Why Does Gear Indicator Flashing On Honda Foreman 500?
The gear indicator flashing means there is a problem with the transmission fluid pressure sensor ‘B’ section. This is not a part of your engine. Rather this is a combination of some parts and it functions very vastly.
There are a number of causes that may cause the Gear indicator to flash. Among them, some are given below.
- Faulty Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor
- Voltage Problem in The Sensor
- Low Level of Fluid
- Darty Fluid
If you want to fix this problem from your vehicle, then you have to work on these issues. We will show you how to fix these causes to get rid of gear indicator flashing. Let’s see the solution.
How to Fix Gear Indicator Flashing on Honda Foreman 500
To fix gear indicator flashing, you have to find the exact reason behind your problem. As I mentioned some reasons, you have to find which one happens with your engine. For this reason, you have to inspect the section carefully.
If the Fluid Pressure Sensor is Faulty
The fluid pressure sensor may be faulty. This may be the reason for your Honda Foreman 500’s gear indicator flashing. If that is true, then you have to change it. Here is the changing process.
- Step 1: Remove the battery cover and battery tray and also the battery itself because the fluid sensor is just under the battery section.
- Step 2: After removing the battery, unplug the electric connection of the sensor. This will pave the way for removing the sensor itself.
- Step 3: Now you have to take a 22 mm wrench or adjustable wrench. This will help you to lose the sensor from the main transmission fluid pressure part. By using this wrench, remove the sensor.
- Step 4: Replace the sensor with a new one. Because, if the sensor has a technical fault then you have only one option to change it.
This is how you can solve the gear indicator flashing on honda foreman 500 if it has a faulty Fluid Pressure Sensor.
If There is Voltage Problem in The Sensor
We know the fluid pressure sensor needs electric power to function. But the connection may have some trouble that creates a barrier in the natural function of the sensor. To get rid of this problem, you have to follow the following steps.
- Step 1: You know how to remove the sensor and clean the plug. After removing the plug connection, try to clean the plug and electric connector.
- Step 2: After cleaning the connector and sensor, you have to reconnect them. You may also have to check the cable and find its damage. If it has any damage then you have to fix that also.
This is the best way of fixing the transmission fluid pressure sensor ‘B’ problem by checking the connection and fixing it.
If the Problem is in Fluid Level
We need a minimum amount of fluid to get a better result from the transmission. Because the fluid creates pressure while changing the gear of your vehicle and ensures smooth gear transmission. If the level is lower than the expected level then there will be a problem with your Honda Foreman 500 engine.
So, you need to use the proper level of transmission fluid on your engine. This will ensure better gear transmission and driving experience. Here is how to check fluid level and how to top up if it is low.
- Step 1: At first you have to find the transmission fluid section. This will have a yellow or red cork. If you feel any difficulty in finding this, you may inspect the user manual.
- Step 2: Then open the cork. You will find a stick that helps to know the exact level of fluid on the tank. To get an accurate result in measurement, you have to clean the stick with a mop and put it again.
- Step 3: Now you will see a clear mark fluid level. There is an expected level mark. Usually, that is indicated with the “#” sign. If the fluid is lower than that then you have to add some to it.
- Step 4: To top up the fluid, take one funnel that attests with the fluid tank. Then pour some fluid as you guess it has a shortage.
That was all about the top-up process of transmission fluid on your honda foreman 500 if it faces the problem of gear indicator flashing.
If the Fluid is Darty
Every type of fluid of an engine needs to be changed after a certain period of time. The time is around 30,000 km. Because, after such long use of the fluid, they become dirty and thick. They lose their lubricity. For this reason, you have to change it.
Fluid changing is like an engine oil change. It is a very simple and easy way. You may do it at home. But ensure you drain the fluid and after it, add a new set. Adding will be as simple as the previous section.
That was all about the gear indicator flashing problem on honda foreman 500 and its solution. The reasons I show here are only a few that are common. There are some more possible causes of this problem.
Based on the symptoms you are getting and the behavior your foreman is doing, you have to think about the solution. For this reason, inspection plates play a very important role. At first, you have to inspect all possible causes and then go for a solution.
I hope now you know how to fix the gear indicator flashing on honda foreman 500. That was all from today’s post, thanks for reading.