An ever-increasing number of features are found in newer vehicles. With Bluetooth, WiFi, or GPS, car makers haven’t finished surprise us.
Here, we’ll take a closer look at a feature that may be a real pain if it doesn’t work properly. To be honest, I’ll do my best to assist you in fixing a Jeep Cherokee’s GPS that has stopped working.
To get this done, we first need to understand how a vehicle’s GPS works, and then we need to figure out why a Jeep Cherokee’s GPS isn’t working. Finally, the solution.
How Does A Jeep Cherokee GPS Work?
Before we get into the specifics of why your Jeep Cherokee’s GPS isn’t working, let’s have a look at how it works first.
Despite the fact that we now have a thorough understanding of how GPS on mobile phones may be quite useful in our daily lives, we are not always aware of all of their key functions.
As with all GPS systems, the Jeep Cherokee’s relies on a system of satellites orbiting the Earth (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). With these satellites, you can triangulate your Jeep Cherokee’s location and get the most accurate information possible.
Accurate data requires simultaneous capture of four satellites, which is why reception problems might occur in hilly or landlocked places.
Display panel with touch or button controls for interaction and setting it up.
To get the best GPS reception, make use of the antenna on your radio. As a result, a GPS in a car will be more precise and useful than one in a smartphone.
Common Jeep Grand Cherokee GPS Problems:
Now let’s discuss about Jeep Cherokee’s GPS issues. In order to help you figure out why your GPS is no longer working; I’ve listed a few possibilities:
1. The GPS of my Jeep Cherokee doesn’t pick up the signal anymore
An antenna issue is likely to be the cause of your Jeep Cherokee’s GPS signal difficulties, whether it has stopped picking up signals altogether or has become increasingly unreliable. In reality, it is the antenna that is responsible for enhancing the GPS signal. If you’ve had to deal with the April 6, 2019, problem that affects GPS devices from 2000, we’ll explain how to fix it later.
2. The Jeep Cherokee’s GPS will provide inaccurate directions
If your Jeep Cherokee’s GPS consistently provides you incorrect information and causes you to become disoriented, you may have a mapping issue. After all, the road network is always evolving, and your cartography may not reflect this.
3. The GPS screen will become unresponsive
If your Jeep Cherokee’s GPS screen freezes, bugs, or doesn’t respond, you’re most likely dealing with an electrical issue or a flaw in the operating system.
Inaccurate GPS tracking is one of the most typical issues with any GPS. The most recent navigation programs, such as Google Maps, can determine your exact position to within 3-10 meters of accuracy.
Ideally, you should be in a city with good mobile coverage (ideally a big one), be outside of the house as opposed to inside, and have a gadget with good cellular reception.
How Do You Fix The Gps On A Jeep Cherokee?
The main part of this essay will teach you how to fix your Jeep Cherokee’s faulty GPS. I’ll show you how. In order to do this, we’ll go through each of the issues that we discovered in the prior component and provide you with a solution:
A difficulty with GPS reception
As a general rule, if you have reception issues, whether they’re frequent or persistent, the antenna on your roof is to blame. As a result, it is important to ensure that it hasn’t been impacted by any shock, twisting or other damage.
GPS On April 6, 2019, a Jeep Cherokee bug was discovered
Because of an issue with the date management in the GPS software that occurred on April 6, 2019, many older models of GPS ceased working, this defect is now well-known by vendors.
In reality, software problems like this occur every 20 years. Replace the date manually in the GPS settings to fix this issue.
GPS Problems with the mapping of the Jeep Cherokee
If your Jeep Cherokee’s GPS is giving you incorrect information, you will need to update it. If you have any questions about how to do this, feel free to contact us through our website. Some flaws in the operating system could be fixed as a result.
It’s also possible that your GPS won’t switch on and the screen freezes because of an electrical issue.
I strongly suggest that you check the condition of the fuses. If your Jeep Cherokee’s screen is broken, we’ve put together a guide to help you fix it.
And if your Uconnect does not function, you may try the following:
- Utilize a phone that is compatible with Uconnect.
- Verify your phone’s Bluetooth version.
- Bluetooth must be enabled on your phone.
- Connect the Bluetooth connection code to the car audio and turn it on.
- Connect your mobile phone to Uconnect.
- For Fixing or updating Uconnect follow their video tutorials.
How Do I Calibrate The GPS On My Jeep Grand Cherokee?
To calibrate your Jeep Grand Cherokee, proceed as follows:
- Switch on the ignition.
- Press the UP or
- DOWN arrow keys until you reach the Setup (Customer-Programmable Features) menu, then press the SELECT key.
- Press the DOWN button until the EVIC displays “Calibrate Compass.”
- To begin the calibration, press and release the SELECT button.
How Do You Reset The Navigation System On A Jeep Grand Cherokee?
You’ll need to hold down the center and volume keys for 15 to 25 seconds in order to do a gentle reboot of your touchscreen in your Jeep Grand Cherokee. After this period of time has elapsed, the screen will flash, and then the device will function normally again.
Now, how do you reset a Jeep Grand Cherokee’s GPS system? At the same time, press and hold the volume and tuner knob buttons. For 10 to 20 seconds, press and hold the knobs. The screen should show your car’s brand name and then go dark once you hold down the knobs.
If your jeep’s GPS system is also unable to locate. Then you need to follow these steps:
- Select Favorites from the drop-down menu.
- Select where you currently live.
- To return to the default position, select the Menu icon (three horizontal lines) or the Word Bubble.
- Touch the Delete button.
- Select Yes from the pop-up menu.
In addition, how you can upgrade Uconnect navigation system’s firmware?
- Leave the car in park and the key in the “Run” position.
- At the same time, hit the volume and the tuner buttons.
- For 10–20 seconds, keep pushing them down.
How Do you Update The GPS In My Jeep Cherokee?
To update your Jeep Cherokee’s GPS, simply follow these procedures.
- Locate the most recent version of the software you’re using Use the drop-down menus above to rapidly discover a map update for your specific model and year of vehicle.
- Detailed information on new product features, road statistics, and more may be found on the product website.
- Go to the Checkout page. Pay for your map update order using our safe and secure online payment system.
- Please allow the automatic updates. It’s possible to get automatic map updates for some GPS units.
- Invest in the most current map discs. Throughout the year, a new map disc is published for the navigation system.
- Input the GPS’s map discs.
If you want to keep your GPS up to date for free, you may use the OpenStreetMap project to download and transfer maps. Voluntary volunteers keep the maps in this OpenSource database current. A variety of navigation systems can use the downloaded maps.
How Much Does It Cost to Update Uconnect Navigation?
There is a one-time price for the nav activation, which is free. To update the maps, they normally charge for $149.99 per year ($14.99 per month) and give them to you via mail if there is an update.
Navigating, measuring speed, and pinpointing one’s whereabouts have never been easier or more precise than with GPS. Mariners throughout the world may now enjoy more safety and efficiency as a result of this.
If your GPS begins to malfunction, it may be the blame for your headache. I’ve attempted to describe your Jeep Cherokee GPS problems and alternative solutions in the hope that I’ve aided you.