Car batteries, like people, deteriorate with time and have a limited lifespan. Even under optimal working conditions, batteries progressively degrade to the point that they can no longer produce enough power to start an engine. Then you need battery replacement.
A replacement automobile battery costs from $45 and $250, depending on its power, size, and quality.
Jeep batteries are available at a variety of pricing, and this post will provide you with information about battery replacement costs.
- The battery powers your jeep and its accessories.
- Your jeep’s battery diminishes with each engine start, much like the battery in your computer or smartphone degrades with each charge.
- Jeep battery replacement is required after a set amount of time.
Jeep Battery Replacement Cost (Updated Price)
Prices for a replacement automobile battery can range from around $45 to $250, depending on the power, size, and quality of the battery. Your local dealership, auto parts shop, or automobile repair facility may do a battery check or provide you with a new car battery if necessary.
If you want to visit the dealership, you may wish to arrange an appointment in advance to reduce the amount of time you spend waiting.
Here is a list of a few Jeep models and the cost of replacing their batteries-
- Estimation of the cost of replacing the Jeep Cherokee battery for labor expenses range between $43 and $55, while parts are priced at $229 per hour. This range is based on the quantity and age of Jeep Cherokees now on the road in the United States.
- Jeep Wrangler Battery Replacement typically costs between $219 and $229, depending on the model.
- Jeep Gladiator Battery starts from $99.99+
- Jeep Renegade Battery Replacement typically costs between $231 and $244 in the marketplace.
- Estimation of the cost of a Jeep Patriot battery replacement, Labor expenditures are projected to be between $44 and $56, while parts are priced at $274 per piece of equipment. This range is based on the quantity and age of Jeep Patriots that are currently on the market.
I have shortlisted few battery companies that are normally used for jeeps.
- Optima Battery
- Odyssey Battery
- Duralast Battery
- Torxe™ – AGM Battery
- DieHard Batteries
- EverStart batteries
- AC Delco
Note: Right now, NorthStar and Odyssey are the same company
When Should You Replace Your Jeep Battery?
There is just one battery beneath the hood of non-hybrid Jeeps. An “SLI” battery, which stands for “starting, lighting, and ignition,” is commonly referred to as such by mechanics.
In order to start your Jeep’s engine and subsequently power up your lights and gadgets, this sort of battery is created by the manufacturer.
However, if you retain your Jeep for an extended period of time, you will eventually need to replace the SLI battery. This is due to the fact that lead-acid batteries only have a lifespan of 4 to 5 years before they require replacement.
If you’re a fan of off-roading, you may be able to get there in less time. This is because the constant jerking and bouncing that occurs when riding on uneven routes may drain a battery quickly.
A fresh lead-acid battery normally becomes “aged” and has to be changed after 4-5 years. The issue is that it might be difficult to determine when that moment has arrived.
Finding out the hard way that your Jeep won’t start because your battery has quit is something you don’t want to experience. To avoid any inconvenience, keep an eye out for these signs.
- Having a hard time starting your Jeep, especially in the cold, is a sign that something is wrong with the engine’s timing. This is a common symptom of a weak battery.
- You should be able to keep your Jeep’s lights on for around 15 minutes even if it is not running because the battery tends to “die” easily. You may need a new battery if this is not the case and your headlights go off after a few minutes.
- When your Jeep’s battery begins to lose charge, the battery warning light should come on. Depending on the symptoms, a mechanic can swiftly determine if the problem is with your alternator or battery. 99% of the time, one of the two is the culprit.
- Electrical parts don’t operate as soon as a vehicle’s battery begins to degrade, electrical components such as the security system might begin to malfunction. A battery test is a good idea if you’re having electrical problems.
Jeep Battery Installation Guide:
Installing a new battery in your Jeep might be simple or challenging depending on your level of expertise.
A typical time frame for this procedure is between 15 and 30 minutes. The time it takes to remove and replace the battery depends model of the Jeep.
Follow these steps if you want to replace your jeep’s battery-
- While the battery is removed, a temporary power supply may be fitted to prevent radio settings or PCM data from being lost. This step is superfluous if the battery is already dead.
- To disconnect the battery, first remove the vehicle’s negative cable, then the positive cable. After loosening the battery tie-down mechanism, the old battery is removed.
- Inspection of cable ends and wiring is carried out thoroughly to guarantee that there is no corrosion. Corrosion can be severe enough in some circumstances that a new cable or wire is required.
- Afterwards, the tie downs are replaced and the battery is reconnected. The battery terminals are coated with an anti-corrosion substance. Reconnect the negative terminal first, then the positive terminal.
- PCM programming may be necessary for some cars (e.g., BMW, VW, and Audi) in order to input battery settings. Battery life can be extended and electrical system failures can be avoided by doing this step using a specialist scan instrument.
- In order to guarantee the new battery is correctly recharged, the car is started and the charging system output is measured. Typical charging output voltages range from 13.8 to 14.8 volts; however the precise ranges depend on the type and manufacturer.
The average battery life of a vehicle is six years. However, there are a number of crucial factors that might influence this. If you have any reason to believe your Jeep battery is about to fail, get it checked out and replaced as soon as possible to avoid any complications.