I don’t know about you, but cleaning my Jeep is so much more than just an unwanted chore; it’s a regimen or ritual if you will, and at the end of the day, you’re not going to splash out on a state-of-the-art off-roader, only to let the maintenance slip, so cleaning your Jeep is an essential part of ownership.
Because of the trailblazing nature of use for most Jeeps, they require even more cleaning and maintenance than most vehicles, especially if you’re taking your brawler off-roading through muddy, rugged terrains. After all, mud left on the outer body will eventually damage the paintwork, cause rust, and impact the cooling system by clogging the radiator.
So, when picking the right cleaning products, what do you need to keep your Jeep spick and span?
Our Top Recommendation for Jeep Cleaning Products!
- Wash away old detailing jobs and start fresh with Clean Slate.
- A smooth-to-the-touch surface primed for polishing
- Easy to Use
Best Jeep Cleaning Products for a Show-Stopping Gleam
I don’t know if this is just me, but I get so much more satisfaction from cleaning my Jeep by hand, so I can take a step back and admire my handy work. However, having the right products at my disposal is vital to do the job right.
So, as someone who spends many hours per week perfecting the appearance of my Jeep, I thought, why not share my handy tips and let you into the secret of the sheen by telling you about some of the best Jeep cleaning products on the market.
These are my Top Jeep Cleaning Products:
- Chemical Guys Complete Clay System
- Rust-Oleum 248659 Rust Reformer Brush On – Black
- Black Magic 120164 Factory Black Trim Restorer
- Chenille Premium Scratch-Free Microfiber Wash Mitt
- Mopar Jeep Wrangler Soft Top Cleaner
1. Chemical Guys Complete Clay System
I have used the Chemical Guys for various products over the years and always seem to go back to them for something or another after disappointing experiences with other brands. So, when the time came for me to rejuvenate the paintwork on my Jeep, this was the ideal kit.
It was an excellent kit that was great value for money, especially considering it came with six pieces—the clay bar, stripping wash, wax, and even a towel and applicator.
I love this concept, and despite being slightly dubious at first, the clay bar worked fantastically to remove any loose debris from the surface and left me with a clear and smooth finish ready for a coat of fresh wax.
I think the fact that this kit comes with everything you need for a spick and span polish makes it user-friendly. Everything came in one pack without me needing to shop separately for each item. The microfiber towel that came with it was also super absorbent and didn’t leave any streaks or scratches during preparation.
The Chemical Guys are a well-known brand that can be relied upon to deliver quality products. So, I highly recommend them and return time and time without hesitation.
I appreciated that the clay bar could be used on all body parts, including the glass, chrome, and paintwork.
|Complete Clay System (6 Items)
|Country of Origin
|Item model number
- Price – I saved a fair amount of money buying this kit as a whole instead of individually.
- Convenience – It’s easy to appreciate having everything delivered to your door in one package rather than shopping for single items.
- High Quality – The company only sells products that are made to a high standard and protect your Jeep’s bodywork during restoration.
- Ease of Use – This product is straightforward to use. However, if the instructions aren’t followed to the tee, it’s easy to make errors regarding applying the clay. For example, the product must be kept soaking wet at all times.
2. Rust-Oleum 248659 Rust Reformer Brush On – Black
We all know what headache rust can become when left untreated on our beloved Jeeps, but thankfully, I’ve found just the trick.
I’m sure, like me, you’ve tried many products that claim to rid you of the rust, only to be left out of pocket and full of regret. Well, let me put a smile on your face and reassure you that you can finally clear the corrosion.
This stuff is a bit like a magic trick; it will leave you with a matt, smooth surface, free from rust and ready to paint over. No hours of tedious sanding, and it was dry in under half an hour. Pretty cool.
Besides the amazing results, what stood out the most with this gear was how easy and mess-free the application process was. It’s a brush-on formula, and the product itself was a dream to work with.
Not only does this dry within 20 minutes, but it’s also ready for a coat of oil-based paint after just three hours, no waiting around all day. However, if you’re using lacquers or aerosols, you must wait three days before application.
One of the worst parts of rust repair is the sanding down; it can take hours, not to mention the dust your breathing in. Well, you don’t have to worry about any of that with this because it transforms the surface all on its own.
- Easy Application – This was hassle-free to apply, minimal to no mess, and dried in no time.
- Prevention – Not only does this get rid of current rust, but it can also help to prevent and preserve it from reoccurring, which is especially beneficial for older vehicles.
- Misleading – Some people might be misled by the description of rust remover without realizing that this will leave a coating on your surface to prepare it for painting.
3. Black Magic 120164 Factory Black Trim Restorer
A problem that any car owner will have encountered in their lifetime is faded plastic, an absolute bug-bear of mine, and it can put a real downer on the appearance of a perfectly good vehicle.
However, I’m sure you’ll be as pleased as I was to find a product that can restore all the plastic parts of your body work to their former glory in no time. Sound too good to be true? I know, but this product works, and I’ve got the shiny plastic trims to prove it.
The product was extremely easy to use in every sense of the word. It was easy to apply and went on like a dream. I applied it to a microfiber cloth in small rotations, which worked perfectly and distributed the liquid evenly.
Unlike similar products I’ve used in the past, this didn’t have any unpleasant or lingering harsh smells.
As well as restoring the sheen of your plastic bodywork also works as a layer of protection that will prevent and prolong the dulling of car parts such as the dreams.
|Black Magic 120164 Factory Black Trim Restorer
|3.97 x 2 x 8.03 inches
- Restoration – This will transform your plastic wheel trims like new in a matter of moments.
- Easy Application – With the addition of a microfiber cloth, this is a dream to apply.
- Multi-Functional – Although I didn’t attempt this myself, the product states it can also be used on the surrounding rubber trim.
- Stain Removal – Although I found this amazing for adding a new-look sheen to my plastic trims, one of them did have a slight mark that this product couldn’t cover.
4. Chenille Premium Scratch-Free Microfiber Wash Mitt
There are tons of products on the market for cleaning cars, and I think many people still rely on the old rags they have crammed somewhere in the garage. However, after some nasty experiences with scuffs and scratches using this practice, I traded my old polishing rag in for microfiber and never went back.
Now, I’ve got one step further and invested in these premium, scratch-free microfiber mitts. Let me tell you, they’re a total game-changer in car polishing.
I can’t say I ever thought I’d reach an age where microfiber gloves were something that would excite me, but I’m not ashamed to say that’s where we are.
The obvious reason why these are so user-friendly is the fact they slide onto your hands and make the cleaning process a doddle.
As the cloth polishes, it collects any dust that lies on the surface rather than simply spreading it around.
It’s great for removing debris and buffering the surface, soaking up the suds, and giving your Jeep a damn good scrub.
|12.5"L x 11"W
|Scratch Free, Swirl Free
- Soft – The material of these mits is ultra-gentle, which means you don’t have to worry about scratching your precious mudslinger.
- Durable – I have had multiple pairs of these mitts, and each time they’ve endured many hardcore washes and buffs. They wash well as well and hold their soft texture well.
- Honestly, I couldn’t pick any downsides to these microfiber mitts. They’ve been brilliant.
5. Mopar Jeep Wrangler Soft Top Cleaner
If your Jeep has a soft top like mine, you’ve probably experienced the same unpleasant problem I’ve encountered repeatedly—a frozen/jammed zip.
A stuck zip on your soft top usually occurs after exposure to the elements for a certain length. Whether it’s heat, rain, or frost, none do our fastenings any favors.
So, you’ll be pleased to learn that the final product in my guide is about to solve all your zipper dilemmas.
The last time I used this, my zipper was so jammed with track dust I thought it was way beyond repair. However, one application of this, and hey presto, all was well, it’s like a miracle.
It couldn’t be more user-friendly. There’s nothing to it other than spray, wait a few moments, and zip away.
I’ve had tons of Mopar products, and I don’t think they’ve ever disappointed me. It lived up to the brand’s reputation and did what it mentioned on the tin.
- Easy to Use – This couldn’t be any simpler to apply and was one of my favorite things about the product.
- Longlasting – You only need to apply a small amount of this to see a difference, so a little goes a long way
- Leakage – I had a small gripe with this product. It leaked after removing the cap for the first time; I was forced to create a makeshift cover to prevent the liquid from staining.
How I Selected The Best Cleaning Products for Jeeps?
There were several things I was considering when looking for the best cleaning products for Jeep. After all, I want your Jeep to look as good as new and be the talk of the town, and you can only do that with the best products on the market, right?
So, here’s what I was looking for in more depth.
Suppose you’re as passionate about your rugged roller as much as I am. In that case, you’ll know about the special care that needs to be taken with cleaning, especially when applying chemicals. It’s why I only picked out products specifically designed to care for and protect Jeep paintwork.
To determine how effective each product was, I ensured I used them exactly as instructed, using appropriate materials and leaving them on for the desired time (with the chemical products). This way, I assure you that each item worked as advertised.
It’s always beneficial to have the point of view of others, so aside from my own opinion (which I hold with quite a high regard, by the way,) I also read the reviews of others to check that my own experience didn’t clash with the majority of others.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cleaning Products for Jeeps
Let’s hear a bit about what other people have been asking about when it comes to cleaning products to keep their Jeep looking fine and fresh.
Can I Use Household Cleaning Products on My Jeep?
It’s strongly advised against, and only Jeep-specified products should be used when cleaning your off-roader. Other products may contain harmful chemicals that will damage your paintwork.
What Cleaning Products Are Recommended for Use on a Jeep Exterior?
pH-Neutral car wash soaps are mostly recommended for washing your Jeep’s exterior.
Will Jeep Cleaning Products Protect My Car from the Elements?
Yes. Some cleaning products for Jeeps will repair, restore and protect your Jeep from further damage caused by the elements, such as UV rays and frost.
Cleaning your Jeep is essential for a great-looking vehicle and maintenance and protection. It’s also vital if you want to keep the value of your car at its highest.
So, now that you’ve read through my recommendations, it will hopefully remove some of the confusion when you’re shopping next to spruce up your Jeep.