Jeep’s iconic model, the Grand Cherokee, is one of the most popular SUVs on the market. The Jeep Grand Cherokee car models come with a dual-pane panoramic sunroof. It’s a great way to enjoy the sun, night view, and a lot of fresh air.
But, After a number of years, you might witness problems in the panoramic sunroof, which will give you a headache. Don’t worry! If you fall into any problem with your grand Cherokee sunroof, the article will be a savior for you.
This article provides you with an in-depth idea of the Jeep Grand Cherokee panoramic sunroof problems and how you can quickly troubleshoot the issue.
How do you open the panoramic sunroof on a Jeep Grand Cherokee?
You can control the panoramic sunroof using the power sunshade and power sunroof control buttons between the sun visors. The sunshade control is on the right, and the sunroof control is on the left.
If you want to express-open the sunroof, push the left-side control toward the rear and release it after half a second.
To close the sunroof, quickly push the control toward the front.
Also, you can control it manually.
Common reasons for jeep grand Cherokee panoramic sunroof
Here are a few common reasons for the grand Cherokee panoramic sunroof issues:
- The leaking sunroof issue might be caused due to corrosion built-up in the drainage system and debris. Also, over time the rubber seal on the panel wore out.
- The panoramic sunroof’s inadequate control switch might cause your car sunroof not to open or close.
- The broken-down wire is also a reason for the panoramic sunroof making strange noises or stopping sliding.
- If you notice that your vehicle’s panoramic sunroof won’t retract or close fully, your car sunroof motor might fail.
- The extreme temperatures and prolonged exposure could also cause the issue with the sunroof.
- Faulty fuse or gasket.
How to fix jeep grand Cherokee panoramic sunroof problems?
If your panoramic car sunroof stops working, that doesn’t mean the faulty motor is the root cause of this problem.
First, you need to check all other parts regarding the sunroof.
Here is an easy way to find out the cause of the problem and solve it:
Process 1: If you face any problem with your car’s panoramic sunroof, first check whether the fuses of the motor are in good condition or not. Most of the time, it’s the main cause of the problem. However, if any fuse has a fault or is blown out, you need to replace it and solve the issue.
Process 2: If the previous step does not resolve the issue, try looking at the actual track on which the sunroof moves. You need to clean the place properly.
Process 3: You also need to check the gaskets on the roof to solve the issue. Generally, If you notice that water leaking through the sunroof, gaskets failing most of the time are the reason for this problem. So, Check out whether it’s ok or not.
But, If the problems are really occurring due to the faulty motor, then you cannot solve it without the help of a professional mechanic.
If you are a normal owner, it can be quite difficult to reach the sunroof motor beneath your car’s headliner.
So, If you haven’t any DIY knowledge and proper tools, leave the task for a professional mechanic.
How do I reset my Jeep Grand Cherokee sunroof?
Here is an easy way to calibrate or rest the jeep grand Cherokee sunroof:
- The sunroof switch must be pressed and held down continuously. Ensure that the sliding glass panel is fully closed.
- Keep pressing the CLOSE push button on your sunroof switch. It takes up to 10 seconds to start the process.
- When the sliding glass panel is in the tilt position, it is automatically moved to the hard stop.
- Now, You need to release the CLOSE push button. Then, again hold the CLOSE button for 5 seconds.
- You’ll notice that the sunroof panel will go to the closed position and again fully open and closed position as you hold the button.
- Release the button, and you successfully calibrate your car sunroof.
Can you drive with a faulty sunroof motor?
Yes, you can drive with a faulty sunroof motor. However, the sunroof will not be able to open or close.
But, If it sticks into an open position, I recommend not driving your car with a faulty motor.
Do Panoramic sunroofs break easily?
The answer to this question depends. The Jeep Grand Cherokee sunroof glass surface is large. This means it’s susceptible to damage from mechanical stressors such as a road-side collision or other collisions.
Why did I also mention no?
Because Panoramic sunroofs on Jeep Grand Cherokee are very strong and sturdy, they have been made with aluminum frames and panels that will resist impacts from hitting objects on the road or people trying to enter your vehicle.
So, it is always best to be cautious and take care of your panoramic sunroof by getting it checked by a mechanic regularly.
Jeep Grand Cherokee Sunroof Motor Replacement Cost?
The cost of a replacement motor for the Jeep Grand Cherokee sunroof will depend on where you are located and which year model you own.
The cost of replacing the sunroof motor in a Jeep Grand Cherokee is between $600 and $700.
The parts cost will be around $450, and the labor cost is around $211 to $266 as the replacement process will take around 2.5 to 3 hours.
Also, the high cost of this particular part is that it is an electronically controlled unit that can trigger more problems if it is not replaced properly.
If you want to know the exact cost of replacing a sunroof motor, then visit your local auto parts store.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee panoramic sunroof is a large and bold design and can offer significant benefits for those who purchase it.
However, there are some problems with the sunroof you might witness over time.
So, This article would help you know about the reason for the problem and common fixes and how much it cost you to repair.