Even though Jeeps are designed to harness raw power, you’ll still need a battery to supply enough current to turn on your Jeep’s engine and then power up your lights and accessories. Sadly, your Jeep’s battery won’t last long. So, battery maintenance is required for your car, with replacement when needed.
Prices for a replacement Jeep battery can range from around $45 to $250, depending on the power, size, and quality of the battery.
A new battery may be costly to purchase and install. Today we will reveal how much does it cost to replace Jeep Renegade’s battery. So, let’s get started!
- Depending on driving habits, the type of battery, weather conditions, batteries lifespan can change.
- Your Jeep’s battery has to be replaced after a specified duration if you want it to run smoothly.
Some battery accessories and prices you can add at the time of replacement:
|Battery Charger||Provides Current to the battery to restore the used-up electrolyte||$120-$460|
|Battery Tray||Holds battery to the place||$50-$150|
|Battery Isolator||To allow the alternator to help charge the primary battery while not allowing additional loads to drain it.||$30-$85|
|Battery Cable||Link your car’s battery to the computer, ignition, lights, etc.||$46- $125|
|Battery Terminal Protector||Protects battery terminals from corrosions||$8-$12|
Jeep Renegade Battery Replacement Cost (Updated Price)
Cost to Replace a Jeep Renegade Battery Parts are priced at $170 to $190 and labor costs will be around $50 to $90.
Size is the most important factor in determining the cost of a battery. In other words, a larger battery has a higher Amp Hour rating, which means it can handle more amps of electricity each hour.
According to your jeep’s engine, model and size you may pick a battery. The batteries for your Renegade model are accessible on various internet marketplaces. You may also purchase your batteries from dealers or automobile shops and get them changed.
Here are a few Jeep Renegade battery options you may take a look at-
- Optima Battery
- Odyssey Battery
- Duralast Platinum EFB Battery
- Torxe™ – AGM Battery
- DieHard Batteries
- EverStart batteries
- AC Delco
Visit Amazon for more battery options and their specifications that are required for your Jeep Renegade.
When Should You Replace Your Jeep Renegade Battery?
You will know when your jeep will show some symptoms that would indicate it needs a battery replacement.
Symptoms of a bad Jeep Renegade battery include a sluggish start up after turning the key, as well as corrosion on the battery connections and connectors. In addition, you may hear a clicking sound when you turn the key or have technical failure yet still be able to get the car to start. These are all symptoms that your Jeep Renegade’s batteries are about to fail.
Here are few indications that you need to replace the battery-
- Inability to start the automobile: Batteries that are new show how much power they can give out. Batteries have a “cranking amps” rating that tells how much power they can hold.
The actual number of amps that a battery can produce decreases over time because the electrolyte in the battery starts to break down. If your car’s cranking amps fall below a certain level, it will be hard or impossible to start.
- Error message: “Battery low or charging system error” is shown. As soon as the battery or charging system warning light comes on, it’s time to see if the battery needs to be replaced.
- No electricity is flowing to the various electrical components. Electrical components in a car, such as the security system, might malfunction if a battery’s voltage lowers due to failure. Battery testing is a good option if you’re encountering electrical problems.
- Excessive corrosion is a good indicator that a battery needs to be changed because of the continued fluid leaks and more fluid leaks. You can extend the life of your Jeep Renegade battery by removing corrosion that has built up over time.
Jeep Renegade Battery Installation Guide:
Because of the decreasing hood space in cars as they get more powerful, it might be difficult to replace some of the tiniest types of batteries. The access to a minuscule battery is difficult because of this.
Find out where your Jeep Renegade battery is situated by consulting your vehicle’s owner’s handbook. Although a battery may be found beneath the floorboard or in the trunk, this is a very remarkable discovery.
To change your battery, follow these simple steps:
- If you’re not sure where your battery is, see your owner’s handbook.
- Unscrew the black negative battery cable’s bolt using a tool.
- To remove the cable from the battery, gently twist and pull it. Do not use any force or metal items to push the cable out. This might destroy the cable.
- To remove the positive (red) battery cable, repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Locate the battery clamp and remove it using a wrench or ratchet, then remove the battery.
- You should be able to remove the battery at this point. Keep an eye out for the weight.
- Using a wire brush and battery cleaning solution, clean the battery tray and any rust on the wires.
- Repeat the previous instructions to replace the old battery.
You can easily replace your jeep’s battery by following above mention steps. If you don’t want to do it by yourself, go visit an automobile shop or call your dealer to get the replacement done.
Things you should keep in mind when you replace your vehicles battery-
- The integrity of the electrical connections to the battery posts is critical when replacing the battery. Clean, corrosion-free, and correctly tightened connections.
- Batteries hold a lot of energy and if short-circuited can explode and cause eye injury. Use insulated tools to connect cables to battery terminals.
Alternately, the positive cable of the battery or the positive and negative posts can be shorted. Batteries must be connected positively to positive wire and negatively to body ground. If the polarity is reversed, the electrical system may likely be damaged.
- An automobile battery has a lifespan of 4 to 7 years. Batteries should only be detached if the engine is off and the alternator is not functioning. Disconnecting a car battery while the alternator is operating might harm sensitive electrical components like the PCM.
How Do Jeep Renegade Batteries Work?
The majority of automotive batteries operate via a lead-acid chemical reaction to start and power the vehicle. These batteries are classified as “SLI” an acronym of “Starting, lighting, and ignition”.
This battery kind generates energy that is used to power your lights, accessories, and engine. When the energy enters your engine, the alternator converts it to electricity.
How Long Do Jeep Renegade Batteries Last?
Jeep Renegade batteries usually last between three and five years, but this can change based on the type of battery, how you drive, the weather, and more.
Do Jeeps have two batteries?
The answer is yes, the Jeep has two batteries. According to Jeep Equipment, the vehicle is powered by a single battery. This is referred to as the primary battery. The auxiliary battery is the second battery that is used to power accessories.
In order to keep your car running, you’ll need to replace your battery at some point in the future. The cost of a Jeep Renegade battery replacement as well as other relevant information is included in this article. If you’ve gotten anything out of it, it would be our pleasure.