Your car’s headlights should always be working properly since they are a safety feature. As headlights get filthy, and the bulbs fade and burn out with time, they should be checked and replaced when necessary. So, how much does it cost to replace jeep wrangler headlight?
It costs anywhere from $20 to $100 to replace the headlight bulbs on a Jeep Wrangler.
You may improve your JK’s headlights by performing the following modifications:
|Modify improved performance
|$27.32 – $659.99
|H4 Housings & Bulbs
|Better beam pattern
|HID Retrofit Kits
|Can offer a large increase in light output
|$44.96 – $1,474.88
|High-quality light output
Jeep Wrangler Headlight Replacement Cost (Updated Price)
The replacement of headlights is dependent on the nature of the problem with your Jeep. Sometimes you need to replace the entire headlight housing, and other times you only need to replace the bulbs.
Estimated Cost of Jeep Wrangler Headlight Replacement. The cost of labor is expected to be between $32 and $41, while the cost of parts is $29. Based on the quantity and age of Jeep Wranglers on the road, this price range is calculated.
Installing a Halogen bulb, for example, costs between $15 and $20, and an additional $50 is required. High-Intensity discharge bulb replacement costs $100 or more per bulb, while the cost of replacing an entire headlight assembly range from $250 to $700, according to an aftermarket auto part retailer.
When Should You Replace Your Jeep Wrangler Headlight?
Bulbs, like most things, do not endure forever. Over time, they become damaged, corrode, fail, or just reach the end of their useful life. When this occurs, the bulb must be changed with a new one.
It is unlawful to drive without working headlights; you never know when you will be in a low-visibility scenario; have a Jeep Wrangler bulb replaced as soon as you discover a problem.
If any of the following incidents occur, change your headlights as soon as possible:
- The light bulb has blown out: If the bulb fails, all of the different types of headlight bulbs are replaced. This is the most typical case.
- The lightbulb has gone out: Some bulb types, notably halogen bulbs, generate much decreased light output when the filament of the bulb ages from usage. Because LED and HID lights do not dim with age, they are normally only serviced when the light source fails.
- The headlight circuit has failed: It should be noted that in certain circumstances, the bulbs are not the root cause of the need for replacements. Instead, the underlying issue might be wiring to the bulb, terminal connections, bulb sockets, and system components.
There are many headlights/bulbs available, you can find sealed beams, halogen plug-in bulbs, LED (light emitting diode) and HID (high-intensity discharge) bulbs on the market today.
In some cases, a mechanic may use the vehicle identification number (VIN) to figure out what kind of headlights are in your car because certain models come with a variety of options.
Jeep Wrangler Headlight Installation Guide:
The replacement of a headlight on a car is one of the more straightforward automotive repairs, even if an expert’s help is required for some other issues.
This is not the case with your JK, as you must remove the grille to gain access to each housing.
Besides, this not only adds a layer of complexity, but it might also leave you with a lighter wallet. Use this comprehensive method to replace the headlights of your Jeep JK instead of squandering your hard-earned money at a local shop.
- To open the hood, look for the two gray latches near the headlights on either side of the hood.
- To release the latches, pull them away from the hood.
- Push the lever from left to right under the hood. Once you’ve done this, you can lift the hood.
- Insert the support rod into the designated hole on the underside of the hood to keep the hood open.
- The top of the grill has six push-on fasteners.
- Pry up the fasteners with a flathead screwdriver and store the screws safely.
- If the screws won’t budge, pry them out with two flathead screwdrivers, one on each side of the fastener.
- Right and left blinker lights can be found in a compartment under the fenders.
- Blinker light: Twist it toward the ground, and be careful when you remove the bulb.
- Always handle the bulb with care.
- All fasteners should be removed from the grill’s top and the grill’s top should be loose.
- Pull the grill’s bottom firmly until it comes free of the Jeep.
- the four screws that hold the headlight on.
- Remove the star bit screws from the headlight using a star bit screwdriver and store the screws safely.
- When unscrewing the final screw, keep the headlight in place to prevent it from falling.
- Remove the silver ring from the headlight by hand.
- Take a look for a red tab on the headlight plug connector and push it away from the light.
- To remove the connector, firmly pull it away from the headlight.
When Changing Headlights, Bear the Following in Mind:
Whether a bulb lacks a visible filament that can be inspected and tested, a technician may first check to determine if there is electricity to the bulb. This is especially true if your vehicle has LED or HID lights, which might fail if the electronics in the circuit are incorrect.
Replacement of halogen lights and sealed beams should be done in pairs to ensure that illumination levels are identical on both sides of the vehicle.
Many headlights’ plastic lenses deteriorate with time. If the bulbs are not faulty, they may be changed to restore your vehicle’s lighting system to like-new condition.
The state of bulb sockets, the ground connection, fuses, and other components of the headlight circuit are critical to the correct and dependable operation of the headlights, and a technician should take these factors into account.
Is It Safe to Drive with A Broken Headlight?
To drive safely after nightfall, headlights must always be completely working.
If your automobile has a failing headlight and is only driven when there is enough daylight, you can postpone the repair until it is more convenient.
Working headlights are needed by law in the United States whenever a vehicle is driven on public roadways from sunset to sunrise, as well as in many other situations, such as when it is pouring or vision is decreased due to smoke, fog, or other causes.
Can You Put LED Bulbs in A Jeep Wrangler?
Wrangler owners can still change their auxiliary lighting to new LED bulbs or even swap out their old lights for even more powerful replacements, even though LEDs have become standard in the 2017 model year.
LED lights are more expensive than halogen lights at first, they will save you money in the long term because they will last longer.
If your vehicle’s headlights are not working correctly, you should have them replaced immediately. We’ve done our best to include all of the prices associated with jeep wrangler’s headlight replacement, and we hope all these information will be helpful for you.