Jeep Wrangler Sky One-Touch roof provides you with refreshment and open-air feels when you need it. In addition, it automatically retracts when you touch a button. Though it provides lots of benefits, you might face common problems that the Wrangler users face.
In the article, You are going to learn about Jeep wrangler sky one touch problems and some possible troubleshooting.
Which Jeep Wrangler has the sky one touch?
You get three roof options on the newer model jeep wrangler: the freedom top, the Sunrider soft top, and the sky one touch power top. You will get sky one touch on most of the Wrangler models as Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Jeep Wrangler Sahara, Jeep JL Wrangler, and more.
How to fix Jeep wrangler sky one touch problems
You will find below problems with your jeep wrangler sky one touch, but to take the further step, you need to look closely and find out which causes the problems.
Power top obstacles detected
If you face any calibration issue, you will find that your Jeep Wrangler sky one touch will not close automatically. Generally, you’ll find an error message on your screen “Power top Obstacles detected.”
After pressing the button, you will find that it does not close automatically. You need to hold the button to close it. If the problems appear, generally, recalibration may solve the issue.
How to calibrate Sky One touch Jeep Wrangler?
- First, you need to close it by pressing the forward button called home position. Now, click the back button and hold it until it goes all the way back ( rear home position). It will take some longer than you expected. You need to keep holding it for around 10 seconds.
- Then, press it again in the forward button until it comes home position. After, keep it holding for around 10 seconds.
- Now you can check whether it solves your problem or not. If it does not solve your issue, then you need to bring your car to a service center to find out the real issues.
Sky One-Touch Squeak
The squeak issue is so common with jeep wrangler sky one touch. You might hear unwanted squeaking from the back of your jeep wrangler that sounds like styrofoam rubbing on styrofoam. You will find the issue from your back window or from how close the plastic is to the subwoofer.
Sky one touch squeak fix
If the problem occurs from the back window, then follow the procedure to fix it.
- First, you need to take it out. Generally, the problem occurs due to the plastic clip which you find on top of both sides of your vehicle window after removing it.
- You need to clean them properly. For this, you need to pull out those. Then, you will find some white powder which you need to clean perfectly.
- For better results, you can use grease. You can use the WD-40 Specialist Water Resistant Silicone Lubricant Spray.
- Use the grease on the small blue color detent ball and the pushing button. Then, wait for around 10 minutes and assemble everything. Then, start your car and check if the issue is solved or not.
Is the Jeep Wrangler sky one touch power top removable?
Yes, you can remove the jeep wrangler sky one touch power top. In order to do this, you need to access a panel on the front windshield and pull up on it with your hands.
This will release two latches, and then you can pull the whole roof off by hand. Before you do this task, do not forget to check the instruction manual.
Is the Jeep one touch power top worth it?
The Jeep one touch power top is a great option for those who are looking to get the enjoyment of refreshing air. It helps you open or close your roof in a matter of seconds with just one touch of a button.
It is an expensive option, but it will save you time and effort in the long run. Do you know what makes it worthy? The watertight feature.
Also, you will get more security due to the rail on the bottom of the sky one touch top. Also, the best part of the one touch power top is you can roll back or forward it when you are driving your wrangler up to 60 miles per hour.
Does the Jeep Sky One-Touch leak?
Generally, the Jeep Sky One-Touch does not leak due to its watertight feature. But, if your car has an issue like one touch does not close perfectly or has a gap, then you might witness the leakage issue.
Is the sky one-touch noisy?
The sky one touch is not much noise but louder than the full hardtop. When you drive with mud tires and a sky one touch on the highway at 70 mph, you will hear a bit louder sound than vacuuming your living room. Also, touch is quieter than putting away the dishes from dinner.
Jeep wrangler sky one touch roof is awesome for the driver as well as the passenger to get fresh air. Also, it comes with some awesome features, which makes it worth it. However, you will also find Jeep wrangler sky one touch problems like other vehicle components.
But, you can easily fix the issue if you find the main culprit. For this, the above guide would help you. But, if you do not find which causes the issue, then my recommendation will be to contact professional mechanics.