The Jeep Wrangler is a vehicle that has been around for many years and is loved by many people. One unique feature that this model has is a USB port in the center console. This feature makes it very convenient for passengers who want to charge their phone or tablet and plug in any device with a USB cord.
But, like other features of the vehicles, you will also find a few common issues with the jeep wrangler USB port center console, which will be discussed in the sections below.
How do you charge your phone in a Jeep Wrangler?
You can easily charge your phone using the jeep wrangler USB ports. First, connect the charging cable with the center console. Then connect your mobile with the charging cable and wait for a few seconds. Then, it will start charging your phone. Also, if the device synchronizes with the car, you can use it to control the radio and do other media tasks.
Where is the USB port in a Jeep Wrangler?
You will get a few USB ports in a jeep wrangler. You will find the dual USB ports in the console media hub, and another port will be located in the center armrest. Also, you can find additional USB ports in the rear-seat access.
How to fix the jeep wrangler USB port center console?
Below are a few possible problems you can face with the jeep wrangler USB port center console and the fixes.
1. Dislodged Console USB
Dislodged issues often happen if you forcefully try to plug the phone charger into the console. If you forcefully plug the charger in the console, then you will find that the USB port dislodged or there was no USB port in the hole.
If the problems occur, follow the below steps:
- You will need to remove the two phillips screws, one on each side, located on the bottom close to the back of the console to reach the inside of the console/armrest.
- The plastic trim has to be removed from both sides of the shifter. It allows you to flex the rear console as it releases it from the mounting tabs. But, do not remove the piece completely. Just loosen it.
- After loosening the middle plastic trim and apart from the two screws from the back cargo area, you need to lift the back of the console. Now, you need to find the loose wires.
- There are tracks on the connector that correspond to the console tracks, as stated by the poster above. You need to slide it from the passenger to the driver. Then, you will find the port in the right place.
2. Disconnecting and reconnecting
The issue most of the time happened with the car play from the center console USB-2. Also, some users find the issue with all of their wrangler USB ports. If the problem occurs, you will notice that the USB ports frequently disconnect, usually after 5-10 minutes. Then, again it connects, and it happens simultaneously.
It is really hard to know why the problem occurs most of the time. Sometimes the problems happen due to dirty ports. So, connect with a professional mechanic to solve the issue.
3. Suddenly stopped working
You might find that the USB port stopped working suddenly, and there is no power in the car play when you are driving the car. Generally, the issue occurs due to a glitch. For this, you need to stop the car and get out. Then, wait for around 10 to 15 seconds. Now, check whether it solves the issue or not.
If it does not solve the issue, you need to check whether they are working or not. You need to look out for those fuses 11, 51, 97, and 101. Also, do not forget to check the manual.
Does the Jeep Wrangler have wireless CarPlay?
Yes, the Jeep Wrangler has wireless CarPlay. The new Jeep Wranglers models are equipped with Apple’s latest technology and offer a head-up display (HUD) with Apple CarPlay, which allows you to connect your iPhone to the vehicle’s infotainment system and access music, messages, navigation, and other features. The best part about this feature is that it does not require hardwiring or physical connection between the phone and car.
The Jeep wrangler USB port center console is a great feature to the jeep wrangler. With the help of this product, you can listen to music, charge your phone and other devices with ease. It also comes with a remote control so that you can control it from your vehicle. This is a fantastic device which will surely make your life easier when driving in the city or on long trips.
But, you will also find a few issues with the console. For this, the article would help you to fix the issues.
- Jeep Wrangler Engine Hesitation during Acceleration: How to Fix?
- Common Problems with Jeep Wranglers Sway Bar [How to fix]
- How to Fix Jeep Wrangler Shift Linkage Problem [Troubleshoot]
- How to Turn Off ABS Light on a Jeep Wrangler? [Explained]
- How to Fix Jeep Wrangler Sky One Touch Problems? [Explained]