Jeep Wranglers are one of the most commonly used Jeep models in the world due to their high versatility and adaptability.
However, finding the right fastback top for the jeep that best suits your needs can be a huge hassle. This is even more applicable if you need to have consideration towards the weather.
For most cases, a Jeep Wrangler fastback soft top might prove to be the best choice, and this is rightfully so.
Not only does the soft top offer more customization, but it is also one of the more convenient fastback tops compared to its other counterparts. This fastback soft top is exactly what we will be talking about here today.
What Is a Jeep Wrangler Fastback Soft Top?
If you want to know why exactly you should be using the soft top for your Jeep, you need to understand first what this appliance actually is.
Well, soft top refers to the roof of a convertible vehicle that can be opened and closed as per your preference. Fastback refers to a special style of soft tops that are used in Jeeps.
A fastback soft top is a type of Jeep rooftop cover that is designed with a streamlined aesthetics making it very easy to use in any weather. Although it is not specialized, they are generalized for convenience.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Jeep Wrangler Fastback Soft Top
There are both benefits and drawbacks that you can enjoy if you are using a fastback soft top on top of your convertible Jeep Wrangler.
We have displayed some of these major points below. You should get a clear idea of both of them before deciding to buy the preferred rooftop for your Jeep.
- Versatility: While there might be many other top types, a soft-top scores the highest in versatility. It is usually made from mesh which makes it both easy to remove and attach.
- Less Expensive: Since not a lot of materials are used to make the fastback soft top, it is extremely affordable. The maintenance cost isn’t high either.
- No Need For Extra Hardware: If you decide to install the soft top on top of your Jeep, you will not be required to attach any extra accessories or supporting hardware.
- Convenient Accessibility: These soft-top roof covers do not have any complicated structures. As a result, they do not need any extra movements for perfect usage.
- Less Protective: Since it is soft, expect the top to not offer much protection. Therefore if there is any rain, expect water to seep in.
- Loud Flutters: The greatest drawback of using soft tops is that they can produce intense flutter sounds whenever you accelerate the Jeep.
- Low Space: Not having enough top space is a major problem with a soft-top cover. As a result, someone who is tall might have restricted head movement.
- Not Durable: No matter what material is used to make stop top covers, they will not last for a long time. The lack of a solid structure or frame gives it lower durability over time.
Can A Jeep Wrangler Have Both Hard and Soft-Top?
Not only is it not possible, but it is also illogical and inefficient to install and use both hard and soft tops together.
However, while you can only use one of them at a single time, you can still attach both hard and soft tops at the same time on certain Jeep Wranglers. But then again, you will be able to use only one.
However, do note that you can still customize the type of top you are going to use on your Jeep. There are no restrictions associated with this.
There are multiple options of tops of different colors that you can choose from. However, do note that you are only restricted to one only if you are going to use the top to its full potential.
How Much Does a Jeep Wrangler Soft Top Cost?
There isn’t any fixed amount that you can budget out when deciding to purchase a new soft top cover for your Jeep Wrangler.
This is because the money you will be paying will depend on the truck’s model and your own preferences. Of course, other factors like build and material will also determine the cost.
Additionally, you also need to think about whether you are going to install the top yourself or hire a mechanic. This is because professional mechanics will charge you an extra labor cost.
In a nutshell, you can expect to pay as low as 200-300 USD for the very basic top covers with no extra features. The more expensive and attractive ones will set you back by a rate of 1000 USD in the minimum.
Additionally, expect to pay around 50-200 USD for the labor costs.
A top cover isn’t the most important part of your Jeep Wrangler. In fact, you can still ride the vehicle without any issue even if you have not installed the appropriate top.
However, without an appropriate top cover, your rise might not be the most comfortable. This is even more true in places with certain weather conditions.
For instance, if you have a soft top cover for your Jeep, you might be able to enjoy natural air when preferred and then get into the shed in case it starts raining.
Of course, fastback soft top covers might have had their own disadvantages. However, in case you want a more general and lightweight top cover, soft tops can be the best choice.